After all the trick-or-treating, watching horror movies, and dressing up as our favorite characters, the Halloween season has finally come to an end. Can you guess what this means? Yes, we have officially entered the month of November, when the chilly air knocks at our windows and snowflakes fill our backyards. It is the perfect time to drink a cup of hot chocolate and wear the coziest clothes. So, along with being comfortable, why not make your clothes fashionable too!
Immerse yourself in the winter vibes by putting together some of the trendiest clothes this winter. Make your very own, specially assembled winter wardrobe capsule that will show off your fashion and style that is unique to you.
What makes a Capsule Wardrobe so unique?
A capsule wardrobe is a collection of apparel and pieces that you especially assemble so that you can mix and match any of the items. They essentially consist of pieces that are classic and timeless. So, even if the trends change, they do not lose their fashion charm. In this way, you will never go out of style! The best part about making a capsule wardrobe is that you can wear any of the clothing items and accessories for any occasion. Going to a party, for work, or just taking a stroll in the park? Grab some items from your capsule, mix, match, and you are good to go!
Making a seasonal capsule wardrobe can be one of the best fashion decisions you can make in your life. So this winter, put on your shopping hats because you are about to buy some classic winter apparel that will make your winter capsule one you will never forget.
First off, choose your color palette.
If you have been into fashion for quite some time, you will know the importance of choosing the right colors that fit your taste. For a winter capsule wardrobe, it is best to go for neutral and more somber colors. Off-white, white, beige, brown, teal, dark green, gray, and even black colors best suit the winter/fall mood. (On the contrary, going for bright colors like sky-blue and bright yellow are the best choices if you are curating a spring/summer capsule wardrobe. This is just to show you how colors can change moods and vibes!)
Winter Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
Now that you know what colors to choose, it is finally time to get those clothing pieces. Here are the essentials that you absolutely need to include in your winter capsule wardrobe.
- A Turtle Neck: One of the classics, a black turtle neck is highly versatile and can go perfectly with a pair of blue jeans. Moreover, it is incredibly comfortable and can be worn both on formal and casual occasions. Layer it up with an overcoat, and you are all set!
- An Oversized Sweater with cuffed sleeves: It is winter. It is cold. Of course, how can a winter capsule wardrobe be complete without a sweater! You can wear an oversized one with cuffed sleeves because it enhances the overall look of the outfit. You can also opt for a printed sweater if that is your style.
- A Long Cardigan: One of the best layers to own is a long cardigan. You can wear a cardigan with any of the outfits you choose. If you like a cardigan with a belt, go for it! Not to mention, cardigans are stylish, comfy, and cozy too. It is the perfect item to add to your wardrobe!
- A Trench Coat: A Trench Coat can never go out of fashion. For your wardrobe, you can choose to include a leather one to make you look more classy. If you are a fan of hoods, you can also buy one with a hood. Like the cardigan, it is the perfect layer to enhance your winter outfit!
- An Oversized Scarf: A scarf can go with any of the above outfits. It is not only a fantastic add-on but also keeps you warm and cozy. Just put it around your neck and let it do its magic. However, remember not to leave your scarf hanging!
- A Pair of Loafers: Loafers are a must-have item when it comes to choosing footwear for your winter capsule wardrobe. If you are a fan of heels, guess what- you can even have loafer heels in your closet. After all, they are will always be in fashion.
Now you know the clothing apparel must-haves. But that is not all! Make sure to wear accessories with the outfits- for example, a gold chain will look stunning on the turtle neck! Accessorizing always puts you up a notch and intensifies your overall look.
Never go out of style!
Making a winter capsule wardrobe is something that everyone needs to try out. Along with looking fashionable, you also work on your creative skills. The winter capsule wardrobe essentials will help you kickstart the process. In addition, you can interchange any of the outfits mentioned here and add on with the clothes you already own (make sure you match them with your color palette!) Remember, there are no rules that you need to follow. Fashion is a mode of expression, so unleash the artist in you! Sprinkle in some of the trends with the classics, and you have your very own Winter Capsule Wardrobe for 2021.