Calories provide the energy for our body that needs to function and stay alive. When there is no proof to support the negative calorie food burn more calories than they provide. Those foods which have low calories may provide fewer calories than required. The reason is your body uses more energy to digest. If you want to decrease the calorie intake then start eating low-calorie food like green vegetables, and fruits. This would help you to achieve your goal.
Here are 15 delicious foods with zero calories:
- Apples: They are highly nutritious. In the US, citizens consider apples as one of the most popular fruits. If you take one cup (125 grams) of apple slice it has 57 calories and dietary fiber.
- Arugula: It is dark, leafy green with a peppery flavor. You can take in your lunchtime as salads. They are enriched in vitamin K. Also, they contain folate calcium, and potassium. Take them as one-half cup (10 grams), it contains 3 calories.
- Asparagus: It is a flowering vegetable that comes in green, white, and purple varieties. All are healthy, but purple asparagus is considered to have compounds called anthocyanins that prevent you from heart disease. You can also take them as one cup (134 grams) as it contains 27 calories. They are rich in vitamin K and folate. They also provide 70% and 17% of the DVs.
- Beets: They are roots vegetables that often have a deep red or purple color. Beets have the potential to lower blood pressure. It also contains only 59 calories per cup (136 grams) and has 13% of the DV for potassium.
- Broccoli: It is one of the most nutritious vegetables on the planet. People are also fond of broccoli. It is a member of the cruciferous family and may help you fight against cancer. Take broccoli as one cup (91 grams) as it contains only 31 calories. Over 100% of the amount of vitamin C it has and every person needs that.
- Broth: In this, they are varieties of broth. It includes chicken, beef, and vegetables. Broth can be eaten alone or used as a base of soups and stews. Depending upon the types of broth you need to take as one cup or about 240ml which have 7-12 calories.
- Brussels Sprouts: They are highly nutritious vegetables. Brussels sprouts resemble mini cabbages, and they can be eaten raw or cooked. Also, sprouts have 38 calories (88 grams) which are known as nutritional powerhouses.
- Cabbage: It is a vegetable that contains green and purple leaves. It is a common ingredient among slaws and salads. It has only 22 calories (89 grams) which are considered very low.
- Carrots: Most popular among vegetables. Carrots are usually thin and orange, but can also be red, yellow, purple, or white. One cup (128 grams) of carrot has 53 calories and over 400% of the DV for vitamin A.
- Cauliflower: You can typically see it as a white head within green leaves. Very few cauliflowers have purple, orange, and yellow heads. Cauliflower has one cup (100 grams) of 25 calories. It has only 5 grams of carbs.
- Celery: It is very well known for low-calorie foods. Celery also has very high water content. It is naturally lower in calories as celery contains only 18 calories in one cup (110 grams).
- Chard: It is green leafy that comes in several varieties. Chard is extremely high in vitamin K and also helps with proper blood clotting. It has only 7 calories and 374% of the DV for vitamin K.
- Clementines: It resembles mini oranges. Also, clementines are the most common snack in the US and are highly rich in vitamin C. It has only 35 calories.
- Cucumbers: They are the most refreshing vegetables. You can commonly find them in salads. Also, they have only 8 very low calories.
- Garlic: It has a very strong smell and taste. People use it widely in cooking to add flavor to dishes. Garlic has only 5 calories which are very very low among all the above foods.
As everyone knows, weight loss is not easy as calories in or out. When you choose quality food in the same way their calories also mattered. It is important to know how much to consume and how much not. When you are noting down the numbers if you are slimming down, it is important to pay attention to the food. If you keep on loading up on low-calorie foods which are high in fiber and protein. Later it will lead you to stay longer and stave off your cravings. It also controls your temptation to unhealthy foods.
People always take low-calorie food as fruits but it also includes which are healthy and also have low-calorie. It also includes water, tea, salad greens, soup broth, mushrooms, strawberries, vegetables soup, whole grain toast, cod, eggs, and low-fat cheese. But when it comes to losing weight, you need to eat between 1500-1800 calories per day depending upon how much your body rakes.